Just mentioning the name Thunderbird conjures up an image of one of the most beautiful cars ever made in this country. This cars previous owner loved it and kept it for forty years prior to its being restored. That in itself, speaks volumes of just how nice the car is. This 1956 Thunderbird has had a superb ground up restoration, beginning with the correct Sunset Coral and Colonial White exterior colors. The porthole hard top adds an overall touch of class. In addition, it has the second self-storing, white, soft top. The car wears the perfect wire wheel covers, including the wire cover on the spare tire kit. Positioned at the ends of the wraparound windshield are the wind wings. They enhance the cars outstanding appearance and aid in ventilation and reducing drafts. What an interior! The cars coral and white vinyl bench seat and door trims look fantastic. Under the hood the 312 cid V8 engine uses the 12 volt electrical system, a new feature in 1956. The 215 hp engine is mated to a floor mounted three-speed transmission together with the Optional Overdrive feature. This makes for a great driving combination and one that was popular on many makes of cars during the fifties. The under-hood restoration is complete and it compliments the striking exterior restoration. Unique to this years TBird is the cars exhaust, routed through the ends of the two rear bumper tips. Placing the factory spare tire kit outside, gives the Thunderbird the continental look and increases usable trunk space. Options not previously mentioned include the Town and Country radio, heater, and rear fender skirts. Only 15, 631 of the 56 Thunderbirds were produced. This outstanding car is a part of the Thunderbird legend. It is an exciting and gorgeous car to be shown and enjoyed by the owner and the observer alike.
* Purchaser to pay for any and all transportation costs.
* I am happy to assist you in finding shipping, and will contact the shipper on your behalf. Prices and quality of service vary greatly, and I will work hard to get you a reasonable price with a reputable company.
* Shipping can take 14 days or more due to scheduling.
* A 20% deposit must be received within 48 hours of auction end.
* Deposit is fully refundable if purchaser inspects the vehicle within the 5 day inspection period, and for any reason does not like the car.
* Final payment must be received within five business days after the car was shipped.
* Payment can be made by cashier's check, money order, or by bank wire transfer.
vehicles are sold as-is, where-is, with no warranties expressed or implied. Please feel free to call us with any questions before bidding, we are available by phone Monday - Friday 9am -5pm, and Saturday 9:30am- 3:30pm @ _______________________